The Swine flu, or H1N1 has taken over my school. We had our first confirmed case yesterday in a teacher, so we are assuming that all of the sick kiddos have it as well. Sadly, due to the population at our school, the majority of our kids out sick will not be seen by doctors so we won't know officially how many actual Swine flu cases we have. It's enough to close school for tomorrow though, so there will be no goodbyes to my wonderful class. I cannot tell you how sad this makes me. I was planning on going tomorrow morning to finish the year with them. It sucks not being able to give them that final hug and tell them how much I'll miss them :( I sent Andy into the Swine infested school today to drop off letters for my kids and pick up grading materials. I have no idea how I am supposed to have report cards done by Monday! One of the kids started crying, and the others were all sad. I should be more excited that summer has officially started, but it is just a sucky way to end the school year :(
I really thought the flu was winding down, but apparently, it's still in full effect. I remember when I first heard about the Swine flu I initially panicked, and then I thought, what are the odds it actually makes its way to my school? So I stopped worrying and forgot about it entirely. Now I'm just hoping the brief visit I made to work after the kids left on Tuesday, and Andy's quick stop this afternoon won't get me sick. I wouldn't forgive myself if something bad were to happen to Isla.
8 years ago

1 comment:
This is kinda scary! I hope you and Isla are FLU free and can just start enjoying your summer. Also I love how the little image of the baby turned upside down... that means that you are getting super close to due date!!
Post a Comment