I love Torii to death but she is driving me crazy. Andy has always insisted that she sleep in the bed with us. It can be nice, cause she is a very snuggly dog, but lately she has been shedding like crazy and there has been tons of dog hair in our bed...gross. But that isn't even the worst part; lately she has been peeing and/or releasing her anal gland fluid in our bed....very very gross. The first time it happened we figured it would be a one time thing, but lately it has been happening very often, and I cannot tell you how disgusting it is to roll over and find yourself in a wet spot, having to smell it to determine if she peed or released anal fluid. SICK. Despite all of this Andy had still wanted her in bed with us, but last night I put my foot down. I decided she didn't have to sleep in her kennel, but she would not be in bed with us. Needless to say she scratched at the door and whined for about an hour, I truly thought my ears were going to bleed. Finally, I caved and decided to give Torii one more chance in bed, on the condition that Andy buy me a little vacuum so I can easily get the dog hair off of our bed each morning and that we would take Torii out extra early in the mornings. Well guess what happened this morning!?!?! I woke up to a wet spot of anal fluid, 2 inches from my face, on my very favorite cloud blanket!!
I really have no idea what to do. Andy agrees we probably shouldn't have her sleep in bed with us anymore because it is ruining our new comforter but we've trained her to sleep with us. Anytime she hears the word bed she finds her sleep toy and runs to the bedroom. I know I cannot take another night of her scratching at the door. I think tonight I'll try putting her in the kitchen with her bed and a blanket, and I'll put that gate up. That way she can't scratch at the door and if she has an accident it will be much easier to clean. I do feel bad for Torii though. She is such a sweet puppy and I know she will be really sad sleeping alone. Ohhhh well. If I had it my way she would have never started sleeping in bed with us in the first place!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment