Lately I have been using the word "mother" way too frequently. You can seriously use that word for just about anything!!! Here are a few examples of my mother usage from today alone:
"Pick those mothers up."
"You are a lazy mother."
"These mothers are really pissing me off."
"That's the stupidest mother of an idea I've ever heard" (Yes this one was a stretch...)
It's crazy how the word mother can represent ideas/objects/and people...and even crazier that it's usage is widely understood and accepted! Can you imagine how confusing this must be for people who speak English as their second language.... "Yeah, you can use the word mother to represent a number of things, it doesn't always have to refer to your actual mom..." I know if I told my ESL students to "pick those mothers up" there would be massive confusion. Thankfully, this has not slipped out of my mouth while teaching...I hope to keep it that way!
8 years ago

2 comments:
You've definitely been an influence on me using that word. It is a wonderful word though. It sounds like a bad word, but it's really not. So sneaky, so great. It will be even more wonderful in 6 days when we have no more students to be careful around!
Your blog always makes my day! you make me laugh so much.
~Angela
Post a Comment